First Baptist Church of Bolivar, Missouri is seeking a man or woman called by God to minister to Children and their families.
-Salaried (experience guided)
-College Degree Strongly Preferred
-Seminary Preferred but not Required
The Children’s Minister is responsible for planning, coordinating, and evaluating ministry to children (birth - grade 5) and their families. This position is under the
supervision of the Discipleship Pastor.
1. Oversee preschool and children’s education including Core Discipleship Groups, the
missions education program, and discipleship training studies by selecting, preparing,
and distributing curriculum, advising workers, and teaching in large group settings.
2. Plan and implement special children’s events such as camps, family activities, outreach
3. Provide leadership to plan and conduct Vacation Bible School.
4. Collaborate with the Music Ministry in coordinating tandem programming schedules.
5. Support and equip families to raise their children by leading or coordinating discipleship
training and providing resources.
6. Champion the integration of children into body activities and provide opportunities for
children to serve within the church.
7. Enlist, train, and supervise workers for the preschool and children’s programs and for
extended care programs during all church meetings where children are present.
8. Supervise part-time employees in the Children’s Ministry Department.
9. Prepare an annual budget for the needs of the assigned programs and administer the
approved budget according to policy.
10. Oversight of the children’s spaces in our church buildings including cleaning of toys and
equipment, monitoring rooms for proper set-up, maintaining the resource rooms, and
maintaining the security system.
11. Implement and maintain an ongoing program of security screening of adults who work
in any part of the Children’s Ministry.
12. Serve as staff liaison and help coordinate the work of ministry teams and committees
that relate to the age group.
13. Work in cooperation with the church staff and church body in a spirit of unity to support
the total ministry of the church.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Discipleship Pastor or Senior Pastor.
Please submit the following:
-Any References Applicable
-Testimony/ Statement of Faith