What is Stephen Ministry?
FBC Bolivar's Stephen Ministry equips lay-people to provide one-on-one Christian care to people in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. Stephen ministry is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and everything they discuss with a Stephen Minister remain private.
Stephen Ministers Care For People Facing Tough Times
We all experience challenges in life--times when we could benefit from care and support. Stephen Minister can provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as:
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or Separation
- Loneliness or Discouragement
- Spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or job crisis
- Terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- Chronic illness
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
"Bear one another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2
Stephen Ministry is Your Ministry
You play an important role in our Stephen Ministry. Here's what you can do:
- Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen Ministry.
- Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn't expect you to bear your burdens alone.
- Tell a friend, neighbor, coworkers or relative who is hurting about our Stephen Ministry.
- If you are a compassionate person and a good listener, prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister.
Stephen Ministry Multiplies Ministry
Pastors will always be on the front lines of care, especially during times of crisis. There are always many more needs for ongoing, one-to-one care than pastors can effectively meet by themselves.
Stephen Ministry provides a thoroughly biblical solution-equipping God's people for ministry. Gifted laypeople receive training to support and extend the care that pastors continue to provide
Cindy Rice: (417) 326-4510
Barbara Adams: (417) 276-1561